Hello Friends! I'm Grace Millsap (she/her), and I'm currently located in Charlotte, NC (Catawba and Sugaree land). My passions are rooted in science and equality, which inform my teaching of Yoga, and how I show up in the world. I spent 5 years in the fast-paced, and high-pressure, scientist world where I conducted research for UNC-Chapel Hill in the intersecting fields of nutrition, genetics, and neuroscience.
In 2013, I completed my first Yoga teacher training, and immediately began to draw connections between modern science, and Yogic philosophy. I study, and teach, from a long lineage that believes that life is inherently beautiful, and that the path of Yoga is a tool set to better navigate the many twists and turns. Specifically, from the Tantra and Himalayan Traditions of Sri Vidya. I am also a recently licensed massage therapist (LMBT#21407) - you can catch me at Okra Yoga and Massage beginning in November 2023.
My classes, whether restorative or flow, are infused with my passions, and quest for magic and joy.
When not teaching, you can find me with my nose in a book or researching random animal facts or plotting my next taco meal or simply sitting and watching the wind blow through the trees.
I am a student first, and humbled to call myself a teacher of Yoga. I honor Asana as one tool, of many. I am always willing to evolve and (un)learn.
Learn more about me, my social location, spiritual lineage, and my heart's commitment to my highest truth here.
Sign up for my monthly-ish newsletter -promise NOT to overload your inbox!
Let's Practice Together
6pm 60-minute Flow @ NoDa Yoga ~ Oakhurst
9:30am Gentle Yoga @ NoDa Yoga ~ Oakhurst
6:30pm Vinyasa @ Okra Yoga Charlotte
12pm 60-minute Lunch Flow @ NoDa Yoga ~ Oakhurst
12pm 60-minute Lunch Flow @ NoDa Yoga ~ Oakhurst
6:30pm Deep Stretch @ NoDa Yoga ~ Oakhurst
10am Anchor Flow at Mint Museum on Randolph Road with Dancing Lotus Yoga (note: I am traveling and teaching through October and will have subs)
1:1 Sessions available, request to book here
And YES! I will be teaching for Charlotte Family Yoga Center - Oakhurst!
- Sat, Dec 02Okra YogaDec 02, 2023, 3:30 PM – 5:00 PMOkra Yoga, 1912 Commonwealth Ave, Charlotte, NC 28205, USAJoin us for 90 minutes of pure restorative bliss. Grace Millsap will guide you through 60 minutes of a gentle slow flow yoga practice, accompanied by Zen Within’s sweet and soulful musical notes, with 20 minutes of sound bath to ease you into a deep state of rest at the end of our journey together.
- Tue, Jan 02Elemental Moon Zoom RoomJan 02, 2024, 7:00 PM – Jun 26, 2024, 7:00 PMElemental Moon Zoom RoomIn this group-style mentorship, I’ll offer a framework to support you as a Yoga teacher, my direct feedback on projects, and a space to try new things, with a community that wants you to succeed.
- Sat, Jan 13Okra YogaJan 13, 2024, 11:30 AM – Feb 04, 2024, 12:40 PMOkra Yoga, 1912 Commonwealth Ave, Charlotte, NC 28205, USACheck out this 4-part series with Grace Millsap (500 ERYT) as she guides you through some foundational practices to prepare you for most flow, or vinyasa-style classes. We will spend time learning variations, prop usage, and even introduce some philosophy and history.
- Fri, Feb 16ALC MosaicFeb 16, 2024, 6:00 PM – Mar 02, 2024, 6:00 PMALC Mosaic, 6100 Monroe Rd, Charlotte, NC 28212, USAThere are many systems of sequencing yoga asana classes - this is just one. In this 30-hour training, we will be inspired by the sun, moon, and fire as our guides to sequencing complete yoga asana classes.
- Fri, Mar 29ALC MosaicMar 29, 2024, 6:00 PM – Mar 31, 2024, 6:00 PMALC Mosaic, 6100 Monroe Rd, Charlotte, NC 28212, USAIn this 20-hour training we will explore the common class style of Power Flow and ways to make it accessible and fun while acknowledging the roots of Yoga.
- Thu, May 16Samadhi Sacred Valley Retreat CenterMay 16, 2024, 3:00 PM – May 22, 2024, 1:00 PMSamadhi Sacred Valley Retreat Center, Huayllabamba 08670, PeruY’all ready for a magical adventure to the Sacred Valley of Peru?! Join Grace Millsap (she/her) and special guests for 7-days of transformation through local adventures, connection to nature, sacred ritual and ceremony, and the practices of Yoga.
- Fri, Jun 14Charlotte Family Yoga Center - OakhurstJun 14, 2024, 6:00 PM – Oct 27, 2024, 6:00 PMCharlotte Family Yoga Center - Oakhurst, 1620 Oakhurst Commons Dr Suite 301, Charlotte, NC 28205, USAEmbark on a journey of self-discovery, awareness, and love in June 2024. Join Grace Millsap and special guest teachers to explore the expansive and rich practices of Yoga through the lens of modern neuroscience, Ayurveda, philosophy, and social justice.
- Fri, Sep 13Bali, IndonesiaSep 13, 2024, 7:00 PM – Sep 20, 2024, 7:00 PMBali, IndonesiaOur world is home to remarkable magic. What better way to spend life than to seek this magic out? On this unforgettable 8-day retreat on the awe-inspiring island of Bali, you'll have a chance to do exactly that, connecting with our universe on a deep level through movement and adventure.
- Sat, Nov 16Villa SumayaNov 16, 2024, 2:00 PM – Nov 23, 2024, 2:00 PMVilla Sumaya, Santa Cruz la Laguna, GuatemalaJoin Grace Millsap (she/her) and special guests for a week-long vacation of your dreams to the "Land of Eternal Spring" - Lake Atitlan.
Opportunities to dive deeper
Elemental Moon Yoga Teacher Training!
We begin again June 14th 2024
The world needs more people connected to their heart's purpose, this training could be the thread that leads you there.
No matter if you have desire to teach, or are only here to geek out and absorb the information on a personal level, there is something for you in this training. Our goal is to spark passion for the vastness and resplendence of knowledge in the study of Yoga. You can expect a balance of practice, theory and techniques to give you the skills to create, or take, any yoga class to meet you where you are and give you exactly what you need.
We make every effort to keep it accessible, relevant, and impactful.
Tiered pricing, payment plans and additional scholarships are always available.
Elemental Moon 300-hour Yoga Teacher Training
Begins January 2024
Elemental Moon Yoga School’s 300 hour program has been informed by 3 vast rivers: Ayurveda, Tantra, and Yoga. These rivers of knowledge weave together to lay the foundation for this advanced Yoga Teacher Training. This training will not only give you valuable skills to level up your Yoga teaching, it will also empower you to create action in your community.
All shall be revealed soon....